We urgently need you to speak out against a dangerous bill that Rep. McSally will likely be voting on today.
H.R. 3354—the House spending bill—is a dangerous bill loaded up with loopholes (called “riders”) that gut environmental funding and put our children’s health at risk, while letting polluters off the hook for bad behavior.
We have just hours left to make sure this dangerous bill fails—take action right away, and tell Rep. McSally to reject H.R. 3354.
This bill slashes the EPA budget by an unfathomable $528 million, taking America decades backward in protecting the environment.
Here are just a few of the most crucial components that will be drastically cut—or entirely eliminated—by this legislation:
- State and tribal assistance grants
- Science and technology programs and research
- Efforts to address climate change
- Assistance for communities facing environmental injustice
- And it enables severe staff reductions—putting the EPA’s work instead in the hands of contractors who have less accountability and far fewer limits on their campaign donations than government employees.
Make no mistake: This is the first step in a quest to hollow out the EPA from the inside. We cannot let it move forward.
Take action today, and make sure your Representative opposes this assault on the EPA.
- Heather Shelby, Action Network Manager
If you have time also contact her by phone, fax or e-mail.
Fax: (520) 322-9490
Phone: (202) 225-2542
Fax: (202) 225-0378