- HB2054 GRRC; petition to request review (Biasiucci: Bolick) allows a person to petition the Governor's Regulatory Review Council (GRRC) to review Citizens Clean Elections Commission's (CCEC) existing practices, policies, and rules, if they think it doesn't meet certain requirements. This is an effort to rein in the CCEC from doing its job. OPPOSE.
- HB2084 international boundary wall; building permits (Petersen: Barto, Biasiucci, et al.) prohibits a city, town, or county from requiring that a nonprofit corporation or property owner obtain a building or any kind of construction permit prior to constructing an international boundary wall, and further establishes a presumption that the state will grant permission for construction of an international boundary wall on state land. This latter provision may be unconstitutional, but the bill is just more xenophobia from the Arizona Legislature. OPPOSE .
House Committee on Elections at 2:00 P.M.
- Presentation on Elections Cybersecurity by the Arizona Department of Administration, the Arizona Secretary of State, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- SB1434 recall petitions and elections; revisions (Gowan) makes it more difficult to recall elected officials. OPPOSE.
Senate Committee on Natural Resources and Energy at 2:00 P.M.
- HB2217 outdoor recreation coordinating commission; continuation (Griffin) continues this commission until 2023. SUPPORT.
Senate Committee on Water and Agriculture at 10:00 A.M.
- HB2618 department of water resources; continuation (Griffin) continues the Arizona Department of Water Resources to 2028. We support keeping the agency, but would like to see it do more to protect our water resources. SUPPORT.
- HCM2004 Yuma desalting plant; continued operation (Griffin) asks the federal government to operate the Yuma Desalting Plant, an expensive, inefficient, and environmentally harmful endeavor. OPPOSE.