Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Contacting your representative: a matter of life and death


Many people have been forced to make this choice.
A bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act is being voted on tomorrow, Thursday, March 23rd. "Trumpcare," the proposed replacement will make healthcare unaffordable for the elderly and the poor and much more expensive for all of us.  Please, contact your representative NOW and urge them not to repeal the Affordable Care Act until they have something that will serve all of their constituents.

I just e-mailed Martha McSally:

Dear Representative Martha McSally ,

Since Trump was elected, more people are becoming active in the political process. Not only am I following the bills that affect me, I am spreading the word on what is going on in congress. Believe me, I'm not the only one. This has become a matter of life or death - especially for those of us who can't afford healthcare. I ride the city bus, so I meet people who have become homeless because they couldn't afford their medical bills. Everyday people are dying because they can't afford proper medical care. You shouldn't have to decide between paying your rent and taking your child to the doctor.

If you vote for Trumpcare you will be leaving 24 million people without healthcare. In this "right to work" state many of us are barely getting by as it is. We simply can't afford a raise in our insurance rates.

Right now, I am deeply saddened that you could consider cutting taxes on rich CEOs - while leaving the rest of us to suffer or die. Everyday I see more and more people paying attention to what our representatives are doing. Please, please, Representative McSally, do the right thing. Protect your constituents before things get worse for all of us.

Contact Representative McSally here


No comments:

Post a Comment