Today, Wednesday July 18, Congress is anticipated to be voting on amendment 63 to the Department of Interior Appropriations bill that would deeply undercut Ironwood Forest National Monument. (Rep. Paul Gosar's amendment defunds Arizona's Ironwood National Forest)
38. Transfers funds from the Forest Service land acquisition account to the spending reduction account.
39. Reduces funding for the National Endowment on the Arts and the Humanities by 15 percent.
43. Prohibits the use of funds for enforcing the Obama Administration's EPA Methane Rule.
44. Prohibits funds from implementing the Social Cost of Carbon rule.
47. Prohibits funds from being used to regulate trailers under the Clean Air Act.
48. Prohibits the use of funds to implement or enforce the threatened species listing of the Preble’s meadow jumping mouse under the Endangered Species Act.
50. Prohibits the Environmental Protection Agency from using any funds to take retaliatory, or EPA described “backstop” actions, against any of the six states in the Chesapeake Bay Watershed in the event that a state does not meet the goals mandated by the EPA’s Chesapeake Bay Total Maximum Daily Load.
56. Prohibits funds made available by this Act to be used to implement or enforce the EPA’s ground level ozone rule.
59. Prohibits the EPA from using funds to give formal notification under, or prepare, propose, implement, administer, or enforce any rule or recommendation pursuant to, section 115 of the Clean Air Act.
61. Ensures that none of the funds made available by this Act may be used for the Environmental Protection Agency.
63. Bar funds to carry out the Ironwood Forest National Monument proclamation
66. Prevents the enforcement of limitations or prohibitions on the use of genetically modified crops in commercial agricultural operations conducted on National Wildlife Refuges.
69. States that no funds should be made available for Environmental Justice Small Grants issued by the Office of Environmental Justice.