A bubble of methane forced its way up from beneath the ocean floor causing oil rig explosion in Gulf of Mexico
Please, email your senators today to say: Reject the dirty energy bill S. 1460!
- Expedite review of fracked gas export terminals, requiring a decision on such proposals within just 45 days of an environmental review. This will encourage more fracking, and create front-line sacrifice zones for the sake of overseas gas export and profit.
- Make the pro-industry Federal Energy Regulatory Commission the lead decision maker in authorizing all new interstate fracked gas infrastructure projects.
- Instruct the Bureau of Land Management to create a pilot program for expediting drilling and fracking permits.
- Authorize the discovery, development and extraction of methane hydrate deposits in U.S. coastal waters.
- Authorize $3 billion in “clean coal” subsidies for the coal industry.