Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The senate is going to vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act!

I just got a call from Moveon.org. They said that the senate was voting on repealing the Affordable Care Act and asked me if I wanted to transferred to Sen. Jeff Flake's office. I figured I wouldn't get though, but what the hey! I actually spoke to a person! I told my senator to vote against any bill that takes healthcare away from Americans, especially with pre-existing conditions. We need more healthcare, not less. We need Universal Healthcare. We should use our collective bargaining to get inexpensive healthcare for all Americans.

Do our calls help? Why would organizations like Moveon.org bother to call up people to connect them with their senators if it didn't? Activist organizations go to battle with the Washington establishment - armed with our petitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment